What causes eye bags? Bags under eyes are mild swelling or puffiness under the eye. The tissue structures and muscles supporting your eyelids weaken as you age. The skin may start to sag and fat that is normally confined to the area around the eye can move into area below the eyes.
One may ask the doctor: “What are the treatments or how to remove eye bags?” The fact is, removing the fats under the eye poses more long-term side effects that are detrimental to the face structure.
- PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma)
- Belotero® (Hyaluronic Acid)
Dark Eye Circle
- Pigmentation irregularities, a particular concern for people of colour especially Asians
- Rubbing or scratching your eyes
- Sun exposure, which prompts your body to produce more melanin – the pigment that gives skin its colour
- Thinning skin and loss of fat and collagen, which is common as you age. It makes the reddish-blue blood vessels under your eyes more obvious.
It is a common mistake to use dark circle eye cream and dark eye circle serum to treat your dark eye circles. These products are used for prevention and post-treatment care.
There are several ways to get rid of dark circles below or around the eyes. Every treatment would depend on the causes of your dark eye circles.
Twilight PRP Gel
Twilight PRP Gel works on the simple basis – utilising your own natural platelets to instruct your body to create new collagen for firmer, smoother and better-toned skin.
How To Get Rid Of Dark Eye Circle
- Dermal Fillers
Used to treat dark eye circles caused by thinning skin and loss of fat and collagen.
- Q-Switched Skin Toning Laser
Used to treat dark eye circles caused by pigmentation irregularities and sun exposure.
- Clique Eye Peels
Used to treat dark eye circles caused by fatigue and over-rubbing and scratching of eyes.
- Topical Cream Prescriptions
Used to treat dark eye circles caused atopic dermatitis (eczema) or contact dermatitis.
Eye bag removal creams are used for preventive measures rather than a treatment. It is recommended for eye bag patients to get proper treatments early to enhance the efficacy of subsequent maintenance products or treatments.
Don’t wait until it is too late to treat eye bags. The treatment cost will be minimal if you treat early and maintain a better eye-care regime with our doctors’ advice.