Dysport is a wrinkle-relaxing treatment used to lessen the movement of targeted facial muscles while reducing the appearance of expression lines or wrinkles.
How does Dysport Work?
Dysport works by blocking the message pathway to the muscle. The muscle retains all of its functioning capacity but will be not receiving the message required to contract. Therefore the muscle movement ceases and the appearance of facial lines became less marked. These effects disappear as the messaging pathway restores itself over time.
Dysport Safety Profile
The use of Dysport has been established as safe in several clinical studies. Dysport is approved in many countries worldwide including Malaysia for the reduction of glabellar (frown) lines and canthal lines (crow’s feet). In fact, wrinkle-relaxing injections are one of the most widely performed non-invasive aesthetic procedures in the world. In 2017, more than 5 million procedures were carried out worldwide.
Dysport Treatment Process
- Before your Dysport Treatment
Discuss your expectations with your doctor and establish if you have any health conditions or allergies that could affect your treatment. Do not hesitate to share any possible conditions with your doctor.
- During your Dysport treatment
The doctor will determine the exact placement of each injection for the best results. Dysport is administered via injection with a very fine needle and the procedure will take only 10 to 15 mins.
- After your Dysport Treatment
Ask your doctor about the precautions required after treatment. Usually there are no scars or permanent bruises so you can resume normal activity immediately.
- Dysport is suitable for anyone that are in good health and aged 18 years old and above.
* Those below 18 years old or medically indicated would require consent from their parents
- Do not consider this treatment if you are:
- Allergic to eggs
- Taking aminoglycoside antibiotics
- Suffering from myasthenia gravis (muscle disorder) problem
Most side effects experienced by patients are brief and linked to the injection process such as inflammatory reaction (redness) which may be associated with stinging or pain. Swelling or mild bruising may develop at the injection site.
This depends on the treatment. For wrinkles, results can be visible as early as 2 to 3 days after injections. The best effect will be visible about 2-3 weeks after the treatment session.
For wrinkles, the results last approximately 4-6 months. Again, this depends on the procedure and whether repeated (or booster) treatments were administered after the initial treatment.
You should wait for at least 90 days between Dysport treatments. Clinical studies demonstrated continued efficiency for up to four repeated Dysport treatments.
No. Your lines will gradually transform back to your pre-treatment appearance. However, wrinkle treatment with Dysport can prevent the formation of permanent, deeper wrinkles that makes you look older.
- Remain upright and not bend excessively
- Perform active facial expressions within 2 hours of the procedure
- Hydrate your skin
- Get enough sleep
- Apply sunscreen
- Practice positive thinking
- Avoid massaging the treated area to avoid diffusion of the injected fluid nearby
- Do not wear make-up on the injection sites to avoid pigmentation
- Avoid sunbathing and saunas
- Avoid strong gym activity
- Avoid other face treatments on the same day
- Avoid drinking alcohol and smoking
- Avoid refined sugar